Marine/ Assembly Technician
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Salary: $20–$30 an hour
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Shift & schedule: Overtime, Day shift, Monday to Friday
As a Marine/Assembly Technician, you are responsible for installing and assembling the final components in the boat-building process. Ensuring quality standards are met throughout the assembly process while meeting and exceeding build times is crucial to meeting production deadlines.
What will you do?
- Install various components and systems into boats
- Sub-assembly of certain components prior to installation
- Follow work orders to meet customer requirements
- Display ability to build boats to a high quality by achieving and exceeding standard build times
- Conduct quality control checks throughout the build process
- Working efficiently within the team to meet shipping deadlines
- Conduct pre-delivery inspections
- Ensure work area and shop are kept clean and organized throughout the shift
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong mechanical aptitude with electrical, plumbing and carpentry knowledge
- Competent in the use of various hand and power tools
- Familiarization with manufacturing and assembly of materials, preference given to those with previous marine experience
- Ability to read measuring tape
- Ability to read blue prints and understand work orders
- High attention to detail is required in order to achieve quality standards
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred
At Stanley Boats, we recognize and embrace the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviors that are reflective of our values:
- Understanding and ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to work independently or with others to achieve a common goal
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter – follow direction with minimal supervision
- Willing and open to learn each day
- Show pride in work on a daily basis
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment
What’s in it for you?
- Year-round, full-time permanent work
- Working alongside a great team of talented individuals
- Building a world-class product
- Family-owned company
- Competitive Salary
- Dental Care
- Vision Care
- Extended Health Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Regular periods during which there is continuous physical effort is required, e.g., walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward
- Exposure to factors such as temperature variations, fumes, moving machinery, humidity, toxic materials which may cause periods of discomfort, high noise levels
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, either hearing or seeing to work being performed
- Noticeable pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands exists.
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: Overtime pay
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.