Pride Marine Group Ltd.
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Salary: $24–$50 an hour, Bonus Pay
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Full Job Description
For over 30 years family owned and operated, Pride Marine Group has been creating personalized watercraft experiences. We don’t just sell boats—we help bring customer’s visions for a life well lived to reality by connecting them to the vessel that will take them where they want to go. Our service and customer support is outstanding, as evidenced by our certification as a Brunswick 5-star Master Dealer committed to providing the highest standards in operational excellence and customer enthusiasm.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter and works well as part of a team and individually. Reporting to the Service Manager, our Marine Technicians inspect, diagnose and repair some of the best boats in the industry. The incumbent must perform preventative and corrective maintenance of electrical and mechanical systems, steering gears, electronics, and accessories.
Perks of this role include full benefits, a base hourly wage with additional hourly bonus eligibility, a defined training plan, $2000 annual tool reimbursement, annual company event, plus a demo boat at each location for shared use by the employees.
What You Bring to the Role
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional diagnostic skills, both mechanical & electrical
- Work positively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently when required
- Health & Safety conscious
What You’ll Do
- Inspect, maintain and repair of different types of boats
- Complete pre-delivery inspections
- Test and repair inboard and outboard engines, hulls, propellers, rigging, navigational systems, electrical systems, steering gears, and boat accessories using various diagnostic equipment
- Complete assigned work order in a timely manner
- Monitor workflow to determine if scheduled time will be met or if an adjustment is needed to stay in budget
- Work closely with parts to obtain requirements needed to complete the job (both in stock and ordered parts)
- Pay special attention to the service work book and the promised delivery date of internal and external customers
- Maintain up to date knowledge on new and emerging technologies in marine service
- Work closely with both the Location Managers and/or Service Managers
- All other duties as assigned
What We’d Like From You
- 2-5 years experience working in the Marine or Automotive industry is considered an asset
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card preferred
- Marine Technician or Automotive Diploma or certifications required
- Able to work irregular hours during peak periods including weekends
- Ability to lift, push, kneel and reach, including in high locations
- Able to work in variable work environments and conditions
Pride Marine Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunities in all aspects of employment. Accommodations are available upon request through our Human Resources Department for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest in Pride Marine Group, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Are you certified in any Engine or Boat Brands and if so which ones?
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to one of our following locations in Orillia, Lake of Bays, Bracebridge or Rosseau Ontario?
Experience: Boat or Automobile: 2 years (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-08-08
Hiring Insights: Hiring 5 candidates for this role
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.