Midland Cultural Centre
The Town of Midland, home of the Midland Cultural Centre (MCC), is situated on the beautiful shores of Georgian Bay at the gateway to the 30,000 islands. Located in the downtown core, the MCC is a focal point for many of the cultural activities in North Simcoe and welcomes visitors to various performances, concerts, exhibitions and events, drawing local and provincial audiences. The completely accessible state-of-the-art facility features Rotary Hall, a 274-seat multi-purpose space, an Indigenous Art Gallery, and a Cafe?. The MCC is also home to Quest Art School + Gallery with exhibition and classroom space, Huronia Players Community Theatre Group, with a 121-seat theatre and Noopimiing Creations, an Indigenous artist owned and operated gift shop.
The Midland Cultural Centre seeks a qualified Marketing & Promotions Coordinator to join our full-time staff as of Monday, May 8, 2023. This contract, as temporary parental leave cover, will terminate upon the return of the employee on maternity leave. We expect that they will return on approximately May 20, 2024. If the employee informs us that they have decided to return from maternity leave earlier than expected, we reserve the right to terminate your contract. If this happens, we will give statutory minimum notice. We do not envisage that we will need to extend or reduce the period of cover, however, the contracted employee will be kept fully informed if the date of return changes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (public speaking, writing, virtual, phone, in-person customer-service).
• Excellent organization, time management and project management skills as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to work self-directed or collaboratively as a team member in a fast-paced, self-supervisory, multi-task environment requiring flexibility and adaptability to meet deadlines and targets.
• Awareness and sensitivity to the various cultures represented in North Simcoe along with a commitment to inclusivity, equality, diversity, and accessibility.
• Passion for engaging with the local community through arts and culture.
• Strong computer skills and experience working with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, POS systems and Outlook is required.
• Experience working with marketing and design platforms such as Mailchimp, Wix, Canva, Eventbrite, Social Media, Photoshop, iMovie, etc., is required.
• Degree or diploma in Marketing is an asset but not mandatory.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a passion for arts, culture and live events.
Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to creating marketing materials and promoting the MCC’s events and overall brand, this is a versatile and hands-on role, responsible for collaborating and engaging with staff, patrons, artist representatives, local businesses and organizations and other members of the community daily.
• Show and Event Marketing
– Communicate with Artist Managers, PR team, etc., gathering Bios, Images, Show and Ticket Info and ensure approval on all marketing assets and ticket links
– Create Show Posters, Marquees, Instagram content
– Schedule Launch: E-Blast Newsletter, Website, Social Media, Eventbrite, and write Press Releases when applicable
– Create Marketing Plan for specific show: Print Media Outlets, Broadcast, Social Media Campaigns, Etc.
– Media Liaison for the Organization: Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with media outlets and organization partners
– Regular analysis of ticket sales data and responding accordingly with social media content and marketing campaigns
• MCC Gallery of Indigenous Art Exhibitions:
– Gather Artwork Photos, Artist Bio, Format Gallery Essay, Sponsor Information
– Design and measure for Gallery Vinyl lettering, order vinyl
– Design Gallery Info Cards & order, Marquees, Opening Reception Invites, etc.
– Create Exhibit Webpage
– Schedule launch of Exhibition (Newsletter, Social Media, Print Media, Invites, etc.)
• Overall Brand Awareness:
– Keeping our website and social media up-to-date with current information
– Writing and Releasing Press Releases and Newsletters regarding major announcements and developments at the MCC
– Pay attention to relevant holidays and recognition days, I.E. National Volunteer Week, National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, etc. and create content accordingly with MCC branding
– Partnering, collaborating and creating relationships with other local area businesses and organizations
– Brainstorm with the Team about new ideas and events to include a wider demographic to ensure arts and culture is accessible to all
– Create brand awareness campaigns (Create online social media campaigns with A/B testing, Geotargeting various locations, trial and error and analyze what approaches work best to promote the MCC)
• Other duties as needed
Wage: $23.08/hour ($42,000/year equivalent)
Please submit a current resume and cover letter via email by to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday, March 31st, 2023
Job Types: Full-time, Contract (35 hours, Monday to Friday – Occasional Evening/Weekend as needed)
The Midland Cultural Centre is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in the workplace. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees, volunteers and members of the community feel valued, respected, supported and welcomed. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
The Midland Cultural Centre is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in the compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
The Midland Cultural Centre acknowledges that the land on which we gather is located on the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, Ojibway/Chippewa and Potawatomi peoples, and is the ancestral home of the Huron-Wendat Nation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com