- Part Time
- Parry Sound — Parry Sound and area
- Closing date: May 31, 2022
Requisition ID: 166651
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail – Meat
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Part-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
City: Parry Sound
Location: 4752 Parry Sound Sobeys
Postal Code: P2A 3B7
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
- Adhere to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety, corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Keep work area clean and presentable
- Process customer meat orders
- Perform program execution and merchandising of product
- Handle and prepare meat products
- Increase store sales by actively promoting products
- Participate in the training of junior staff
- Order and receive stock in accordance with company inventory control procedures as required
- Process department shrink
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per Company requirements
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sobeyscareers.com.