Website West Parry Sound Health Centre
JOB POSTING: OPSEU 2021-298
MEDICAL DEVICE REPROCESSING DEPARTMENT
Temporary Part-Time Position (September 2021 to approximately May 2022)
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations.
Under the direction of the Manager of Surgical Services, the Reprocessing Technician is responsible to prepare, distribute and control sterile items, non-sterile items, and equipment as required by the Health Centre.
The hours of work will be all shifts, including weekends.
- Successful completion of the Central Service Techniques Course offered through Central Service Association of Ontario;
- Successful completion of Grade 12;
- Must be physically capable to transfer loads of 10 to 30 pounds and transport equipment and supplies throughout the Health Centre;
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of instruments and supplies;
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of the sterilization process;
- Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history, and positive work references;
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills;
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health Centre: Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibilities, Excellence, and Safety.
- Two years’ experience working in a hospital environment as a Reprocessing Technician.
Please submit a resume with covering letter to email@example.com by September 24, 2021, quoting position OPSEU 2021-298.
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes.
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised the WPSHC property is smoke-free.
Job Type: Part-time
- 8 hour shift
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org