Website Rapport Credit Union
Rapport Credit Union is a new kind of financial institution. Unlike the big banks, we spend the time required to get to know our members because they’re more than just customers to us. We serve over 17,000 members at 10 branch locations, with close to 80 employees and approximately $313 million in assets under administration.
Rapport Credit Union is owned by our members, and we provide a full range of banking services, from savings and chequing accounts to loans and mortgages to financial planning and investment management. All at very competitive rates and backed by knowledgeable, helpful staff who pledge to put you first.
The Member Service Representative (MSR) will be responsible for providing exceptional service to Rapport members by performing cash and non-cash transactions, while ensuring cash holdings and all risk and due diligence policies, practices and procedures are adhered to and security measures taken at all times. The MSR will look for opportunities to cross-sell by maintaining working knowledge of Rapport’s products and services, and resolve any member issues within set standards and timelines.
- Performs a number of cash and non-cash transactions and services such as, but not limited to: deposits, withdrawals, transfers, ordering and certifying cheques, buy/sell foreign cash, money orders, and setting up of ATM cards.
- Identifies opportunities to promote, up sell, and cross sell Rapport’s products and day to day services; may conduct pro-active and/or assigned outbound calls during special promotions on products and services.
- Operates and balances cash, processes deposits, cheques and other transactions according to established procedures and performance standards with speed and accuracy.
- Confirms posting on daily register, balances daily, ensuring that security measures are in place at all times. Maintains custody of cash holdings within authorized guidelines; locks cash drawer and keeps passwords confidential.
- Responds to members’ inquiries on all products and services offered by providing information on the benefits and features of each product and service; refers any lending or investment inquiries outside of scope to Personal account Manager or Financial Planning team.
- Resolves any member inquiries, concerns or complaints in a professional and understanding manner ensuring the needs of the members and the credit union are met.
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary diploma, degree and/or certification in Business or Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in retail business or financial services industry with experience handling cash in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience with banking products and services an asset.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional customer service with excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong communication skills and organizational skills with the ability to complete paperwork in an orderly fashion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with other functional areas.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental Care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Monday to Friday
Financial services 2 years (preferred)
How to Apply
We thank those who apply; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Rapport is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from all qualified candidates.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com