Merchandiser Retail Team Lead Canada
25 Pine Drive, Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
$18–$23 an hour
Shift & schedule
Merchandiser Retail Team Lead
Location: 25 Pine Dr. Parry Sound, P2A 3B7, ON
SAS Retail Services Canada is currently hiring for a Merchandising Team Lead- Part Time (PT) for grocery relines/resets execution.
What We Offer:
- Day Time work- Monday through Wednesday (No Nights Or Weekends)
- Shift times are 7am – 1pm (may vary)
What You’ll Do:
- Resets/relines- reading and executing planograms with all items tagged.
- Tagging, rotating, and placing products on shelf. This includes adjusting shelf heights and movement.
- Building and maintaining relationships with SAS Retail Services Management (area manager), Store Management and assigned merchandiser (when provided).
- Timely electronic reporting of reset execution and work hours.
Can you meet these requirements?
- Reliable transportation to one or multiple local locations.
- Physical Requirements: standing/being on feet for up to 8h and being able to lift up to 50+lbs.
- Comfortable working with smart phone type technology.
- Prior grocery or big box store retail merchandising experience preferred.
- Planogram experience preferred: Training available.
- Ability to work independently or with other merchandisers.
SAS Retail Services Canada is a third-party retail merchandising company with cutting edge technology that does retail merchandising in any store, any aisle, any service. Our parent Company is Advantage Solutions Canada (ASM).
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Merchandiser Retail Team Lead is responsible for merchandising; resetting ASM manufacturer’s products at retail accounts to ensure customer and clients expectations are met.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reset Activity, Shelf Conditions and Schematics Completion: Be able to implement customer approved schematics/plan-o-grams/MODs with all items tagged and approved by store management. Must be able to take direction regarding tagging, rotating, and placing products on shelf.
- Customer Relations: must have the ability to communicate effectively both internally to Advantage Solutions management and externally with Customers.
- Administration/Reporting: will complete (web based) accurate and timely reporting, recaps, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 20 %
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Retail, Consumer Package Goods (CPG), or merchandising products at retail accounts within an assigned territory
0-2 Years of experience in retail merchandising and/or selling
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Previous retail experience
- Strong self-management skills
- Ability to complete daily procedures and responsibilities without direct supervision.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and show respect for others.
- Focused on the general reset of Consumer Package Goods (CPG) at various locations where CPG goods are sold, such as grocery and convenience stores. These positions may be part-time or full-time.
- Responsible for merchandising products at retail accounts within an assigned territory.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 35 kgs, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 25 kgs, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact: Recruiter, Talent Acquisition, for external applicants, or, a Supervisor for internal applicants.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.