Wave Fibre Mill
Parry Sound, ON
$15–$25 an hour – Full-time, Permanent
Apply on Indeed
Salary: $15–$25 an hour
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
- English (Required)
Full Job Description
Wave Fibre Mill offers custom fibre milling and processing services for Ontario farmers. Its vintage machinery is capable of fine fibre processing, and high-volume capacity.
We currently have an opening for a Machine Operator at our Mill
Location: Seguin Ontario at the Parry Sound Municipal Airport
- Wool & fibre handling, sorting, grading
- Wool & fibre mill machinery operation and maintenance
- Complete all operational and safety training requirements
- Complete in-house training on operating machines
- Able to lift/bend/stretch and work in a mill environment
- Able to work around animal fibre (sheep wool, alpaca mohair etc.)
- Able to work around machine grease, oils and soaps etc.
- Set up and operate machines as required
- Liaise with farmers and the public as required
- Keep records of processing and raw materials
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Work with others and independently as required
- Troubleshoot equipment and processing problems
- Follow daily schedule and productivity standards
- Initiate and follow machinery maintenance protocols
- Perform other mill operations as required
- High mechanical aptitude
- Experience with fibre and spinning/ weaving equipment an asset
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Is a team player and results-oriented
- Ability to interpret and comprehend information from job specification sheets
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn and take safe initiatives
- Must be good with problem solving and ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet all deadlines
- Ability to apply general common sense and courtesy
- Strong time management and written and verbal communications skills
- Must be quality conscious and motivated
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested, apply in confidence.
No phone calls please.
– Are you able to work legally in Canada?
– Do you live in the Parry Sound District or surrounding areas?
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$25.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 protocols are in place and will be discussed with selected candidates.
Ability to commute/relocate: Parry Sound, ON P2A 2W8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Experience: Machine Operator: 1 year (preferred)
Language: English (required)
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.