Website Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services
Reporting to the Screening and Disclosure Supervisor, the Screener is responsible for determining eligibility to receive child protection services and to investigate allegations that a child may need protection. This position conducts assessments of children and their families and formulates plans to ensure the safety and wellbeing of a child in accordance with Child and Family Services Act and Niijaansinaanik Child & Family Services Procedures. This also includes the apprehension of children from their families when the safety of a child cannot be assured.
• Bachelor of Social Work Degree, or BSW equivalency
• Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services related field
• a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience working with children and families
- Knowledge of Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services programs and services
- Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
- Knowledge of First Nation service delivery, customs and traditions in responding to child welfare
- An excellent working knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and appropriate sections of the Criminal Code in order to determine and to take appropriate action regarding intake and abuse procedures.
- Good working knowledge of Ministry and Niijaansinaanik Child & Family Services standards and guidelines for the investigation of abuse cases including the Regional Protocol.
- A good working knowledge of community resources to recommend programs for effectively servicing children and families and sound negotiating skills to act as an advocate for the client.
- Must provide a clear Police Records Check – Vulnerable Sector
- Must provide a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence
- Must have $1M auto insurance liability coverage
- Must provide an acceptable three-year uncertified Driver’s Abstract
Niijaansinaanik is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. Please submit your resume and cover letter along with three work related references to:
Bonnie Reid, Director of Human Resources
Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services
940A Main Street, Dokis First Nation, ON P0M 2N1
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (705) 223-7439
Preference will be given to applicants of Native ancestry, please self-identify.
We thank all those applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For a more detailed job description, please contact
Human Resources at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org