Signing bonus $750
Recent Nursing Grads can expense half of their exam and registration fees at 2 months working with ParaMed, and the other half at 6 months.
ParaMed is also pleased to partner with HealthForceOntario (HFO) as an approved employer for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) which provides a $25,000 retention bonus to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month, full-time commitment.
In this community nursing role, you as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) will have scheduled visits within the community to care for patients in various settings with the support of RNs for more complex patients. You will work with patients of all ages with differing complexity of care needs and play a key role in helping patients remain comfortable in their homes for as long as possible.
If you are looking for a career that offers you autonomy, independence and a work-life balance, this position is for you! As a new grad, you are offered additional support and clinical skills lab training to support your learning and build confidence.
Be part – Provide in-home care while enjoying premium rates for evening and weekend shifts.
Benefits+ – Enjoy perks such as an employee discount website, tap into our employee assistance program, and connect with professional counselors through a confidential toll-free service for you and your family. But wait, there’s more to discover and enjoy!
Why you’ll love working here:
- Be a part of a great supportive team of fellow nurses and supervisors
- Attractive scheduling including every other weekend off
- Opportunity to develop long term therapeutic relationships with patients
- Opportunity to practice and develop complex clinical skills
- Best in class training and development programs, including a comprehensive clinical orientation and hands-on skills labs
- Celebration and Recognition programs
- Part time and Full-time opportunities and flexible scheduling options
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
- Company paid mobile devices
- Mileage compensation
- Education allowance for employees and family
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee perks and exclusive offers
What you’ll do:
- Participate in scheduled visits in the community to look after patient needs within your scope of practice
- Provide ethical and safe nursing care
- Use appropriate assessment tools/techniques to assess patients’ individual needs
- Execute and continuously monitor care plans and adjust as required
- Engage patients using a collaborative approach by building rapport and trust
- Maintain and update professional patient records related to patient encounters and plans
What you bring:
- Registration with the CNO as a RPN or RN in good standing
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
- Experience in delivering community care is an asset
- Reliability and flexibility
- Willingness to travel to and from patient residences within a designated area
- Experience working with the vulnerable population is an asset
- Passion for making a difference in your community
- Willingness to share in on-call coverage to ensure patients are cared for during their time of need, including after hours
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org