WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
MAY 8, 2023
JOB POSTING: NON-UNION 2023-60
NURSE PRACTITIONER LED CLINIC
NURSING STATION SECRETARY
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and technology can
offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of Canada’s top outdoor
adventure destinations. You can get from desk to dock in 10 minutes!
Being a member of the WPSHC team means you work with a leadership team that is collaborative and
approachable. WPSHC team members are passionate and dedicated to delivering high-quality patient and family centered care. Our team approach offers employees the opportunity to use their complete skill set in a modern
The Nursing Station Secretary provides administrative and clerical support to the Manager of the Nursing Station and
the Primary Care Enhancement & Mobile Specialized Geriatric Team, and aids in the day-to-day operations of the
station to provide a caring, compassionate, and timely patient experience.
• Scheduling patient appointments, answering the telephone, referring calls, addressing patient concerns in a
professional and courteous manner;
• Submitting payroll, managing donations and processing financial and legal documents;
• Ordering office supplies, maintaining inventory, distributing mail, and recording meeting minutes;
• Initiating and maintaining confidential medical files and records, processing patient referrals, and ensuring
completion of forms using the Electronic Health Record;
• Collecting statistical information required by the Nursing Station Manager, the Health Centre, and the
Ministry of Health;
• Promoting awareness and community participation in Nursing Station programs and assisting in the
preparation and distribution of communications both internally and externally to support patient care;
• Demonstrating highest standards of customer and patient service for all internal and external interactions
• Maintaining high standard of patient confidentiality as outlined by the MOHLTC;
• Performing other duties as necessary or as assigned.
• Completion of secondary school diploma and/or a diploma in secretarial/administrative assistant or related
• Minimum two years secretarial/administrative assistant experience;
• Previous related Health Care experience, and demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology;
• Excellent typing skills and proficiency in using a wide range of software applications including Microsoft
Office (ACCESS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher);
• Good working knowledge of Medical Electronic Health Records system;
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, organizational, decision-making,
problem solving, and time management skills;
• Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history, and positive work
• Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health Centre:
Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibilities, Excellence, and Safety.
Compensation & Benefits
+ Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
+ 6% vacation pay and 13% pay in lieu of fringe benefits (9% if enrolled in HOOPP)
+ Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
+ Wellness Program & onsite gym
Please submit a resume with covering letter by June 5, 2023, quoting Non-Union 2023-60 to:
West Parry Sound Health Centre
Human Resources Department
6 Albert St., Parry Sound, ON, P2A 3A4
Fax: (705) 773-4036
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and
selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the
recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you
may require in respect of any materials or processes.
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised the WPSHC
property is smoke-free.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org