Pro Painters Muskoka
Painter and Decorator
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Salary: $20–$25 an hour
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- painting: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Pro Painters Muskoka is a team of professional, expert painters serving Muskoka Lakes. With extensive indoor and outdoor painting experience, there is no painting project that is too big for us.
Our quick and cost-effective approach to painting includes everything from selecting the perfect products for your project to cleaning and painting. Our turnkey solutions bring your paint projects to life, relieving you of the time and energy burden of tackling indoor and outdoor painting on your own. All you have to do is sit back, relax, and watch the magic happen.
Pro Painters Muskoka operates with a transparency guarantee, meaning you’ll know exactly what we’re painting and how much you’re paying. No curveballs, unexpected fees, or billing surprises.
Pro Painters Muskoka is a premium paint contractor in search of another talented, detail-oriented craftsman/woman to join our tight-knit team on a full-time basis. Post-secondary education and residential painting is valued but not an absolute requirement. We will train the right individual from the ground up. We hire first and foremost based on attitude.
If you believe you can contribute to our culture of continuous learning, teamwork and super-high quality, then please send a resume and expression of interest on our website. Our workplace is positive, supportive and accommodating; combine this with the backdrop of some of the finest homes and neighbourhoods in the world and we provide the very best painting/learning experience in our industry. For those that care who they work for: https://www.propaintersmuskoka.ca/
Painters are responsible for protecting surfaces that customers do not want to be painted from damage. They usually assemble painting tools and supplies and bring them to the work site while following safety procedures and local building regulations. Additionally, they speak with their clients and help make sure they are happy with the work performed. Some of the common duties and responsibilities in a Painter job description may include:
- Moving ladders, paint cans, and other painting equipment
- Painters apply wallpaper, sealants, and wood finishes along with paint.
- Helping build new homes and businesses and renovate existing ones
- Finding ways to reduce the costs of equipment and supplies
- Creating bills and invoices and receiving payments from customers
- Negotiating with customers and dealing with any complaints
- Driving trucks with painting supplies to and from work sites
- Keeping trucks and storage areas neat and clean
- Checking inventory, and ordering paint and other supplies when needed
Painter skills and qualifications:
Painters are polite and professional. They can work independently and stay focused on a task for several hours at a time. They can also stay on their feet and do physical work for most of each day. Some of the top skills and qualifications for Painters include:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good understanding of basic math and how to keep track of expenses to follow a budget
- Knowledge of how to mix paint to produce the desired colours and how to use common painting tools
- Understanding of the best ways to remove old paint or wallpaper without damaging the materials underneath it
- Plenty of attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Secondary School (preferred)
- painting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-04-03
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.