Parks & Recreation Labourer
Student – May/June to August
Department Community Services
Reports To Supervisor of Community Services
Monitors and maintains outdoor and indoor municipal recreational spaces while aiding to
maintain the Natural Environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work both individually and as part of a team to maintain recreational spaces and
assist in providing quality recreational opportunities for users.
• Perform inspections of municipal parks, open spaces and beaches.
• Assists with maintenance of docks and other small construction projects.
• Mows grass, trimming and raking.
• Provide customer service to the public in a kind and respectful manner.
• Operate equipment such as: mowers, trimmers, hand blowers, pickup trucks, and
• Cleans and maintains equipment daily.
• Cleans and litter pickup at all municipal facilities beaches and boat launches.
• Maintenance of trails requires active walking/hiking of new or existing trail areas,
clearing/cutting bush/brush/trees, building and/or repairing trails, structures, and
• Perform other general municipal maintenance duties as assigned in accordance with
departmental and corporate objectives.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Currently between the ages of 15 – 25.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team.
• Certification in First Aid/CPR & WHMIS is an asset.
• Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing and a reliable vehicle is required.
• Shall disclose proof of enhanced COVID-19 vaccination certificate with QR Code or
proof of medical exemption.
Effort & Physical Demands
• Physical demand requires standing, sitting, lifting, crouching and walking.
• Visual attention for health and safety compliance and personal safety while on the
• Approved CSA safety boots must be provided by students and worn at all times.
• Other PPE will be supplied by the Township and must be worn at all times as
• Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Apply on Company Site.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.seguin.ca.