Website Parry Sound Forest School Inc.
Parry Sound Forest School is a new and thriving business in the heart of Parry Sound, ON. We offer a variety of year-round programming options for many age groups and support children in becoming confident and capable with a sound sense of their abilities and interests. There is rising concern that children today spend less time playing and learning outdoors. For this reason, unstructured outdoor play, learning, and connecting them to nature are central to our work. We also see ourselves as working towards the recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and strive to hold space for Indigenous perspectives and relationships with the land.
Parry Sound Forest School is looking to hire a part-time After School Assistant starting in September to help play with and supervise groups of children ages 4-12. The After School Assistant will work alongside an Early Childhood Educator and a teacher in supporting children as they play and learn in the forest adjacent to Canadore College. This position is well suited to a high school student, EA, ECE, or teacher who is interested in furthering their skills or building a career in Early Childhood Education or Teaching.
Assist our educators with the delivery of forest school sessions to children ages 4-12 including:
– Risk management;
– Story telling;
– Bushcraft (tool use, knots and ropes, fire making);
– Maintenance of our cabin and equipment;
– Other duties as requested by the director.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate must love spending time with children and must have:
– Attending or completed high school;
– Willingness to being outside in all seasons;
– Self-directed learning skills;
– Able to follow instructions and work as a team;
– Experience with camping and working with children an asset;
– First Aid Training an asset;
– Interest in traditional teachings;
– Hold or be able to obtain a Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen.
HOURS: Up to 15 hours a week, Monday-Friday from 3:00-6:00, with a possibility to extend work to PD Days and March Break.
WAGES: Negotiable. Commensurate with experience.
DURATION: 10 months beginning September 1, 2022.
LOCATION: Forest School takes place at Canadore College Campus in Parry Sound, ON.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: on-going.
TO APPLY: Email the following documents as one PDF document to Diana Clements at email@example.com:
(1) Updated cover letter detailing your fit for the position and interest in joining the Parry Sound Forest School team.
(2) Current resume including work experience, skills, education, and other points relevant to this job description.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org