Website Parry Sound Golf & Country Club
Golf and Country Club
$50,000 – $60,000
Parry Sound Golf and Country Club is looking for a creative, high-energy, can-do individual to join our team. The successful candidate will be expected to consistently deliver exceptional food and beverage quality along with a superior level of customer service to our members and guests.
The member run club is a family and community-based, 18-hole course designed by one of Canadas premier golf course architects. The course itself is located next to Georgian Bay and just a few minutes from Parry Sound. The golf course and facilities are seasonal, but we are pleased to offer year-round employment for the right individual.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating and executing innovative menus to support our events and the daily restaurant fare. This individual will have strong culinary skills and a well-developed understanding of restaurant and hospitality management including facility operations and maintenance knowledge, strong people management skills, event planning expertise and marketing know-how.
The position offers the following:
· Full time employment
· Attractive vacation package (up to 4 weeks in the off season).
· Professional development support
· Golf privileges, including cart
· Pro Shop merchandise discounts
· Mileage allowance for company business
· Kitchen clothing allowance
· RSP contribution
· Medical benefits
Reporting directly to the Club Head Professional/Manager, the Restaurant Manager/Chef will be responsible for all aspects of the operation of the club’s “Fairways” restaurant.
· Manage and execute food preparation to a high level of quality and consistency
· Develop menus for the restaurant and club events.
· Manage food and beverage orders, cost and inventory.
· Adhere to food safety, Food Handling and W.H.M.I.S. standards
· Have working knowledge of the Liquor Licence Act of Ontario and Smartserve (Ontario) certification
· Supervise the Food and Beverage staff and maintain consistent standards of performance
· Have excellent customer service skills
· Manage staff training, development and scheduling in-keeping with budgetary constraints
· Have the ability to prioritize and stay organized in a high-paced environment
· Be creative, energetic, and exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills
· Work flexible hours, including mornings, days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays based on business needs
· Have basic computer skills and working knowledge of restaurant inventory programs
· Operate Point of Sale (POS) Systems and software interfaces (cash Handling where necessary)
· Maintain Health and Safety standards and follow club expectations, policies and procedures.
· Excellent communication skills
· Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
· Ability to multitask and maintain attention to detail
· Strong customer service orientation
· Professional demeanour and presentation.
· Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in a comparable restaurant environment.
· Culinary or Hospitality diploma preferred or suitable experience with High school diploma or equivalent.
· Applicants with community ties are encouraged.
Please submit your Resume and Covering Letter to:
Alan Crocker (PGA Head Professional/Manager)
Parry Sound Golf & Country Club,
Parry Sound Golf & Country Club is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org