The Care Attendant provides high quality personal care and other services to Assisted Living Neighborhood residents with physical and cognitive limitations. Using the Person Centered Care approach, the Care Attendant works collaboratively with residents, their family members and the care team to deliver highly individualized care based on each resident’s unique needs. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members. All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with Chartwell’s vision, mission and values statements.
– Using the person centered care philosophy, collaborates with residents to provide care and services.
– Partners with residents and works with them to complete all activities of daily living including care, dining, life enrichment, housekeeping and laundry.
– Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Assisted Living Manager.
– Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to other care team members.
Marketing & Occupancy:
– Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
– Conducts duties in accordance with Chartwell policies and procedures, as well as, government regulations, laws and policies.
– Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations.
– Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information.
Operational & Administrative Systems:
– Assists and attends to residents’ special needs as required.
– Provides, dining room service, busing and dishwashing services in accordance with established work routines.
– Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines.
– Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
– Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all resident areas as per work routines.
– Provides support to life enrichment and activities in accordance with established work routines.
– Provides medications to residents according to the residence’s policies and procedures for medication administration.
– Performs other related duties as required.
– Previous work experience in providing personal care services.
– Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
– Post secondary education in related care fields [e.g. Personal Support Worker (PSW), Health Care Aide (HCA) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) certification] is preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
– Ability to read and communicate effectively.
– Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
– Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors.
– Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills.
– Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
– Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness.
– Must be able to operate related equipment.
– Must be in good physical and mental health.
– Work is performed indoors in well lighted, well ventilated areas.
– Work requires standing for long periods of time, lifting and carrying heavy items.
– Wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required by task, MSDS, or residence policy.
– Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
– Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Persons Check.
How to apply: send your cover letter and resume to Michelle Denis to email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org