TLC Healthcare Services
TLC Healthcare Services is dedicated to supporting the health care needs of our community. When you partner with TLC Healthcare you will be joining a team that values your skills, willingness for career advancement and work-life balance. TLC believes in satisfying the needs of its personnel as well as its clients.
During the Covid19 Outbreak, the need to Care is greater than ever. We value the courage and dedication of healthcare professionals and work to ensure your safety at all times.
During Covid19, in accordance with Long Term Care and Retirement Residences mandates only fully Covid vaccinated (2 doses) or Medically Exempt (MD verification required) candidates can be hired.
Full or Part-time for clients in Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada
About the Personal Support Worker Position
We are looking for a qualified Personal Support Worker to care for our Long-Term Care Facility clients in a professional and compassionate manner. It’s often a demanding job but it can also be very gratifying. People who are ill, injured, disabled or elderly are deserving and thankful for the exceptional support.
The ideal candidate will be dependable and courteous with outstanding communication skills. You should be able to follow instructions and perform a variety of tasks to help clients.
- Follow policy and procedures of Long-Term Care residence to provide personal care and support to residents.
- Help clients take prescribed medication
- Assist clients with ambulation and mobility
- Assist clients with personal care and hygiene
- Be a pleasant and supportive companion
- Report any unusual incidents
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- PSW Certificate recognized by the Province of Ontario (or completion of 1st year RPN course)
- Proven experience as a Personal Support Worker
- Excellent knowledge of emergency response and first aid (CPR)
- Knowledge of Long Term Care Residence policies and procedures
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics
- Physical endurance
- Long Term Care facility experience
Expected start date: 2021-09-06
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Facility partners have Covid Infection Protocols in place. All candidates require a Covid test before the first shift. Candidates are required to follow regulations regarding vaccination.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Parry Sound, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Personal Support: 1 year (preferred)
- Ontario PSW Certificate (preferred)
- Drivers License (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Apply on Indeed
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.