Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix
Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on company site
Job type: Full-time
90 Bowes Street, Parry Sound, Ontario, P2A 2L7
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
To assist with the technical functions of dispensing prescriptions, assist as appropriate in the delivery of pharmacy services and participate in the maintenance and operations of the Pharmacy as described by the Pharmacy Standards of Practice, and to provide superior, timely, and pleasant service to customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer Service
- Greet customer promptly and gather prescription information according to Standards
- Perform duties in priority according to Role assigned on Role Assignment Schedule
- Refer to the pharmacist all clinical inquiries
- Set realistic customer expectations as to wait times
- Locate and cash out prescriptions and any ancillary items
- Ensure customers requiring counseling are referred to the Pharmacist
- Maintain and control the cash register in the dispensary
- Adhere to all confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Receive new and repeat prescription orders in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepare and submit orders with the exception, of controlled drugs and narcotics
- Adjudicate third party billing, online and manage manual Third-Party Accounts
- Answer telephone and refer to a pharmacist when necessary
- Manage incoming faxes according to Pharmacy Standards of Practice
- Assist pharmacist in coordinating call backs
- Accurately file completed documentation as per Pharmacy Standards of Practice
- Assist in prescription preparation to company’s standards and professional services
- Data entry for new prescriptions, and managing refill request processing
- Select medications to fill prescriptions according to Pharmacy Standards of Practice
- Efficiently count or measure, package, and label prescriptions, as per Pharmacy Standards
- Accurately enter and maintain appropriate data within the applicable Pharmacy systems
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Diploma from a Pharmacy Assistant credited course preferred
- Previous Pharmacy Experience preferred
- Effective organizational skills, ability to multi task
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada’s diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit myview.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.