West Parry Sound Health Centre
JOB POSTING: SEIU CLERICAL 2021-292
Regular Full-Time Position
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations.
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, the main function of the Pharmacy Technician is to provide medication distribution to the nursing units and their patients.
Hours of work are all shifts, including weekends.
- Successful completion of Canadian Council of Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP) Accredited Pharmacy Technician Education Program;
- Current and active registration as a Regulated Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists;
- Demonstrated knowledge of drug terminology, controlled dosage systems and pharmacy related issues;
- Demonstrated knowledge of various computer applications and software related to healthcare programs;
- Demonstrated excellent attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history and positive work references;
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health Centre: Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibilities, Excellence, and Safety.
- Previous experience as a Regulated Pharmacy Technician in a health institution environment;
- Certification in Chemotherapy preparation;
- Certification in aseptic technique and IV/TPN preparation;
- Current knowledge of computerized pharmacy information systems;
- Previous experience in purchasing and inventory control, and controlled dosage systems.
Please submit a resume with covering letter on Company site by September 24, 2021 quoting SEIU Clerical 2021-292
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes.
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised the WPSHC property is smoke-free.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34,745.00-$64,682.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.wpshc.com.