- Full Time
- Parry Sound — Parry Sound and area
- Closing date: Oct 28, 2021
Lifemark Health Group
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physiotherapy Assistant to join our growing team!
Location: Parry Sound
Schedule: 37.5 hours a week
Start date: Immediately
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Mandatory requirement: Valid Vulnerable Sector screening check and Proof of Tuberculin (2-Step Mantoux Test) clearance (within 6 months)
We have gone above and beyond to ensure the safety of our patients and employees with PPE provided, the spacing of patients, screening, and more. Extensive safety protocols and procedures have been put into place and are mandatory.
In this role you will:
- Assist the supervising physiotherapist in performing various components of the treatment plans for individuals living in residential care communities
- Perform various treatments as prescribed and directed by the supervising Physiotherapist including but not limited to gait training, balance exercises,
transfer training, range of motion, strengthening, application of modalities. (i.e. heat, ice, ultrasound, TENS)
- Deliver dynamic, safe and therapeutically beneficial exercise classes for groups of residents
- Set up and prepare equipment and clean up after residents’ treatments
- Ensure that the resident gym and treatment areas are safe and tidy
- Maintain regular ongoing communication with the physiotherapist regarding any changes or concerns about a resident’s status or treatment interventions
- Record daily treatments using Seniors Wellness’ proprietary, web-based system
- PTA/OTA diploma or degree in Kinesiology
- Previous experience within an LTC setting an asset.
- Standard First Aid & CPR Certification
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received all of the required doses of a World Health Organization (WHO) approved vaccine and having received the final dose at least 14 days before your employment start date.
Lifemark welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Lifemark promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of the following groups: Indigenous peoples, Newcomers to Canada, and Visible minorities.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.lifemark.ca .