Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on company site: https://timscamps.com/tims-camps-jobs/current-opportunities/
Pay: $18.35–$20.10 an hour
Job type: Fixed term contract
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good – helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
Reporting to the Food Service Manager, the Prep Cook supports the smooth operation of the kitchen through assisting with meal preparation, meal service and clean up.
This role will be based onsite at our Tim Horton Memorial Camp location in Parry Sound, ON.
May 28, 2024 – August 19, 2024
$18.35 – $20.10 per hour based on experience.
What would you be doing?
- Enhance the experience of the Foundation’s campers and guests by providing high quality and nutritious meals
- Prepare salads, fruit platters or similar items, ensuring attractive presentation
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables
- Assist in receiving deliveries, ensuring all supplies are checked for quality, labeled, stored, and rotated properly following the FIFO method
- Assist Cook with meal preparation and other kitchen tasks
- Serve and assist in the service of meals in back and front of the house. Meals can be served family style, cafeteria style or to go.
- Stock kitchen as requested
- Clean/sanitize dining tables, dishes, glasses, cutlery, pots, and pans
- Follow health and safety, sanitation and “Serve Safe” standards
- Identify, address and/or report hazards to the Food Service Manager
- Take waste out to dumpster
- Find opportunities to positively interact with our campers and guests
- Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment by modelling inclusivity, dependability, and team cohesiveness
Does this sound like you?
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a food service environment
- Strong interest in continuing to develop in the food service industry
- Ability to learn and complete tasks as assigned
- Ability to work under pressure and switch tasks as needed
- Food Safety Certification is considered an asset
- Clear criminal background check and/or vulnerable sector search, if applicable
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Able to work on your feet up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS bags/ boxes
Benefits of working with us
- Uniform and footwear allowance provided by the camp
- Shared accommodations available at most camp locations
- Coffee, tea, and meals provided while working
- Role specific training provided if needed
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit timscamps.com.