A Production Operator is responsible for manufacturing parts and assemblies for shipment to customers, meeting Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) measures for quality and performance and achieving cycle times for part production.
· Using the tools provided, including Plex and the associated work instructions, hour-by-hour boards (if applicable), etc., machine and assemble parts within customer specification.
· Ensure that established OEE quality standards are achieved within designated cells and workstations.
· Ensure that established OEE performance standards are achieved within designated cells and workstations.
· Ensure that safety standards are maintained within the designated cells and workstations.
· Ensure standard work and associated tools are utilized to meet standards.
· Ensure that all parts are checked according to the established Quality Control Standards using the tools provided;
· Liaise with the Production Supervisor, Cell Leader, Quality Control personnel and other operators on quality and safety concerns.
· Ensure that all environmental requirements are identified and addressed when performing duties.
· Ensure that all safety requirements are being carried out when performing duties.
· Comply with defined Business Management and Environmental Management Systems requirements.
· Provide support for the continuous improvement initiatives within Techform.
· Provide support in the attainment of Techform’s “Quality Operating System” goals as outlined by the key graphs.
· Carry out all duties focusing on the goal of internal and external customer satisfaction.
· Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designate.
· Overall Equipment Effectiveness Performance Results
· Overall Equipment Effectiveness Quality Results
· Safety Performance
· 5-S Cell Results
· Other Performance Evaluation Requirements
· Minimum grade 12 diploma or equivalent is an asset;
· Good written and verbal communication skills are required;
· Attention to detail is key;
· An individual in this position must be capable of working under general supervision; however, some judgment is allowed in applying specific guidelines for work; finished work is checked for overall compliance to specification.
· Leads by Example
· Observes Standards
· Trains Others
· Attends to Details
· Communicates Effectively
· Raises Issues
· Copes with Deadlines
· Exercises Judgment
· Contributes to Continuous Improvement
· Maintains Confidentiality
· Organizes Work
To apply for this job please visit magna.com.