Shaw-Almex Industries Limited
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
- Supervising: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Parry Sound, ON
Industry leader and innovator in design and manufacture of a full range of vulcanizers and presses for splicing all types of belting and stationary presses for fabrication of flat and profile conveyor belting. Over a dozen corporate facilities and a network of exclusive distributors are strategically located on six continents to provide a comprehensive sales and service support system to clients in over 120 countries over 5 continents.
ALMEX offers a robust benefit plan, employment stability and a safe and healthy work environment. Become part of the ALMEX Family!
- Accomplishes production plans by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Operates with a high level of integrity and is performance driven.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Why You Want This Position
Almex Group is a company that gives back to its community and cares deeply about its employees. We are family oriented and corporately driven.
Who You Are
You are extremely intelligent and confident, and able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment that requires you to interact with all levels of Almex employees. You are professional and personable and can relate well with people. You will have a sense of humor and approach that will help you thrive in this challenging and growing organization which involves movie studios, the food industry but primarily the mining industry.
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate: Seguin, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application question(s): Do you have experience working in a union environment?
Experience: Supervising: 2 years (preferred)
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.