Blue Mountain Resort
This position is essential to the success of our Hotels and Base Lodge operations, because it ensures that we are able to provide our guests with clean public spaces in our locations; including carpet and floor maintenance. They are also responsible for providing exemplary customer service by engaging each guest; providing enthusiastic, friendly service; anticipating guest needs; and taking ownership.
WHATS IN IT FOR ME?
- Hourly rate of $16.75
- Resort perks:
- Health and Dental Benefits after 3 Months;
- Ski and Snowboard seasons pass including rentals and lessons;
- Discounted attractions rates for you , your family and friends to share;
- Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
- Retail savings at Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, Lifted and more;
- Staff room rates at all our hotels;
- Reduced rate experiences at all other Alterra Mountain Company resorts.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Mopping, sweeping and vacuuming floors.
- Deliver items to guests rooms
- Stripping, waxing and maintaining floors.
- Cleaning and maintaining contracted areas
- Carpet cleaning using spot treatment as well as larger equipment.
- Dusting light fixtures, baseboards, furniture etc. (including high fixtures).
- Empty garbage and recycling receptacles and removal.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, toilets, mirrors, floors, etc., replenish bathroom supplies, and polish metal work, such as fixtures and fittings in public bathrooms within hotel lobbies, base lodges and office buildings.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of common area spaces throughout shift.
- Respond to calls on hand-held devices from internal dispatch to clean spills, broken glass, etc.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- High school or equivalent education preferred.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar role would be an asset.
- Training/experience with floor care and maintenance would be an asset.
- Comfortable using large equipment/floor and carpet machines.
- Be able to Work days and Afternoon shifts (7AM to 3:15PM and 3:15pm to 11:00PM)
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with Public Health guidelines.
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain Resort is Ontario’s largest mountain resort. Nestled on the shores of Southern Georgian Bay and only 90 minutes outside Toronto, Blue Mountain has become the four-season outdoor destination of the North. Winter at the Resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails across 365 skiable acres, enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. Summer months offer a variety of activities from golfing and high ropes, to zip-lining and coaster riding. At the base of the Mountain, guests can enjoy a stay in one of the 1,000 luxury accommodation units and experience an assortment of unique concept restaurants, bars and retail stores in the pedestrian Village. With 53,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space, Blue Mountain caters year-round to groups and special events. Blue Mountain is owned by Alterra Mountain Company. Visit www.bluemountain.ca for more information.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone. For more information, please visit www.alterramtnco.com
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com