Public Works Labourer
Student – May/June to August
Department Public Works
Reports To Public Works Leadhands &/or Operations Coordinator
Assists with general operations, monitors and maintains transfer stations and outdoor
municipal spaces while aiding to maintain the Natural Environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work both individually and as part of a team to maintain municipal properties,
including waste transfer stations and roadways to assist in providing quality
opportunities for all users.
• Engage in a variety of maintenance duties such as: garbage; recycling; pet waste
collection, graffiti removal, sign installation and repair, grass cutting and trimming,
vegetation removal, trail repairs and cleaning, and painting.
• Operate equipment such as: mowers, trimmers, hand blowers, pickup trucks, and
• Cleans and maintains equipment daily.
• Maintenance of trails requires active walking/hiking of new or existing trail areas,
clearing/cutting bush/brush/trees, building and/or repairing trails, structures, and
• Perform other general municipal maintenance duties as assigned in accordance with
departmental and corporate objectives.
• Provide customer service to the public in a kind and respectful manner.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Currently between the ages of 15 – 25.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team.
• Certification in First Aid/CPR & WHMIS is an asset.
• Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing and a reliable vehicle is required.
• Shall disclose proof of enhanced COVID-19 vaccination certificate with QR Code or
proof of medical exemption.
Effort & Physical Demands
• Physical demand requires standing, sitting, lifting, crouching and walking.
• Visual attention for health and safety compliance and personal safety while on the
• Approved CSA safety boots must be provided by students and worn at all times.
• Other PPE will be supplied by the Township and must be worn at all times as
• Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Apply on Company Site.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.seguin.ca.