Reporting to Township Council, the successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of all Township roads, parks, operations at the Township landfill site and maintenance of the Township’s cemeteries. As principle advisor to Council in matters pertaining to public works, this position provides Council with advice and guidance on the development of plans, priorities and policies for the provision of efficient and effective public works services. Works with Clerk-Treasurer to develop and monitor public works budgets. Supervises public works employees. Operates plow and sanders in winter season and all equipment as required in all seasons. A job description for the position is available at www.mcmurrichmonteith.com
The ideal candidate will have:
• Post-secondary education in a related discipline or an acceptable combination of education and related experience. Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible senior roads/infrastructure management experience.
• Good working knowledge of provincial legislation and standards governing municipal public works operations.
• Good managerial, mechanical and technical skills acquired through education, training and experience.
• Thorough understanding of fleet maintenance management practices.
• Good working knowledge of provincial health and safety regulations.
• Class “A” driver’s license preferred with a good driving record.
• Effective inter-personal, written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills.
• Physically fit as evidenced by a pre-employment medical.
This is a full-time position, offering a competitive wage, OMERS Pension and benefit package.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email in Word or PDF format in confidence by 12 noon, Thursday, April 1st, 2021, to the attention of:
Cheryl Marshall, Clerk-Treasurer
Township of McMurrich/Monteith
31 William Street, P.O. Box 70
Sprucedale, Ontario P0A 1Y0
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. The Township of McMurrich/Monteith is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for this completion.In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations will be provided upon request.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org