Website Raytheon ELCAN
Raytheon ELCAN is a great place to WORK, GROW and BELONG.
Raytheon ELCAN is looking for a Financial Analyst (Contract) to join our team!
Reporting to the Controller, and part of the Raytheon ELCAN Controllers Office, this position is an excellent career-building opportunity for a self-motivated, versatile and energetic team player. The role offers the opportunity to contribute across a broad set of accounting processes, including foreign currency exposure management, internal controls monitoring, invoicing of costs to internal trading partners, and accounts payable support. The Accounting division is a small team that oversees all Raytheon ELCAN financial reporting, including month-end close, revenue recognition, and inter-company reconciliation processes. The selected team member will develop a well-rounded understanding of Raytheon ELCAN accounting structure and systems. Working within a highly experienced team, the ideal candidate will develop the foundation to progress quickly in the Accounting team, with preference given to candidates with a desire to obtain a CPA designation. The experience gained in this position will provide a foundation for continued broadening of financial experience at Raytheon.
Job Duties and Requirements:
This role will provide a unique opportunity to gain exposure to accounting tools, systems and processes as well as to develop networks with program business, FP&A, and leadership. General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support monthly close process; Preparing journal entries, month-end reports and presenting to the General Accounting Supervisor and Controller
- Assist with internal and external audit requests as well as support of internal controls
- Preparing and posting journal entries
- Completing monthly account reconciliations
- Perform compliance checks on various business processes
- Foreign Currency Hedging for sales and purchasing contracts
- Prepare monthly invoicing for costs incurred on Raytheon projects
- Assist with expense report approvals
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a business related field required
- CPA Designation or working towards would be an asset
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong EXCEL skills, e.g. lookup references / pivots, advanced logic formulas, etc.
- Experienced reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts
- Has experience supporting month end close process
- Effective working independently or collaboratively as a team player
- Ambitious and possessing leadership traits
Please Note: This is a contract role for a period of eighteen (18) months.
Raytheon ELCAN offers a competitive compensation package that includes incentive program, benefits, and pension plan. We also offer flexible work arrangements with an available hybrid work schedule.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal reference check and obtain/maintain a Government of Canada security clearance and any applicable clearances with respect to the handling and transfer of controlled goods.
Raytheon ELCAN is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; we welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Raytheon ELCAN will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
To apply for this job please visit globalhr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.