Website Bayshore HealthCare
The Registered Practical Nurse under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, establishes, monitors and delivers nursing care to clients in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards. As required, s/he provides support and direction to unlicensed staff involved in direct client care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrange and/or provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling and health teaching; report any unusual circumstances to the branch office or to the immediate supervisor.
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client.
- Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Practical Nurse.
- Effectively utilize appropriate technology and electronic health records to provide and document care, as well as submit reporting.
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body; perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency have been completed.
- Observe and document client conditions according to Bayshore Home Health standards.
- Receive and transcribe physician’s orders.
- Provide direction, support and delegation to unlicensed Field employees as appropriate.
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Job Type: Casual
Apply on Indeed website: https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Bayshore-Healthcare/jobs#cmp-menu-container
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.