West Parry Sound Health Centre
Rehabilitation Assistant, Temporary Part-Time, Outpatient Rehabilitation
6 Albert St, Parry Sound, ON
Apply on company site
$24.86 an hour
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Wellness program
Job Posting: OPSEU 2023-101
Temporary Part-Time Position (November 2023 until approximately March 2024)
About the Organization
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility boasts the best that both nature and technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of the country’s top outdoor adventure destinations. You can get from desk to dock in 10 minutes!
West Parry Sound Health Centre (WPSHC) has always employed an innovative planning approach aimed at integrating services. Faced with the challenges of rural care delivery, WPSHC has partnered in regional alliances and created internal programming solutions that have benefited patient care and improved services throughout the catchment area.
Today our uniquely integrated health care organization includes: Lakeland Long Term Care, six Nursing Stations delivering care to rural communities, management of District ambulance services and dispatch, and a full range of in-patient and out-patient programs associated with a 90-bed acute care hospital.
As well as being recognized as a “pace-setter” hospital for its unbroken string of balanced budgets, WPSHC’s innovative approach to integration has benefited the community through more seamless local delivery of services, improved access to primary care, a wider understanding of local needs and the ability to respond as these needs continue to evolve. Additionally, these initiatives have resulted in cost savings through co-location and improved ‘point-of-service’ for clients.
For more information on WPSHC, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Applications are currently being accepted for a temporary part-time Rehabilitation Assistant, reporting to the Clinical Manager. The successful applicant will work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide inpatient and outpatient assessment, consultation and treatment services; enjoy the benefits of working in a newer facility; and experience a diverse caseload with a wide variety of established and evolving programs. In addition, responsibilities will include but are not limited to establishing treatment goals, maintaining clinical and statistical records, conferring with physicians, patient teaching, and contributing to departmental strategic planning.
More About You
You must have completed a Rehabilitation Assistant Diploma or equivalent to qualify for the role. You will also need to have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills combined with an understanding of family dynamics and the implications on the delivery of health care;
- Proficiency with computers and associated software;
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license, clean driver’s abstract, and access to a vehicle, as travel is required.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately receive, record, and transmit communicated information;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to perform the physical aspects and responsibilities of the position;
- Ability to facilitate positive relationships and team approach to problem solving;
- Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, performance levels, disciplinary history and positive work references;
- Previous experience as an Occupational Therapy Assistant or Physiotherapy Assistant is an asset;
- Current CPR basic rescuer certificate is an asset;
- Knowledge of medical terminology is an asset.
The ideal candidate’s work will exemplify WPSHC’s core values: compassion, accountability, rights and responsibilities, excellence, and safety.
Please note: For the safety and well-being of our clients and employees, we require proof of COVID-19 vaccination before commencing employment. Accommodations will be made for those exempt from the COVID-19 vaccination based on grounds protected by relevant human rights law.
About the Benefits
In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive hourly salary of $24.86 to start. In addition, you can look forward to the following array of benefits:
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- 4% vacation pay and 13% pay in lieu of fringe benefits (9% if enrolled in HOOPP)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Wellness Program & onsite gym
Best of all, you will be welcomed into a supportive interdisciplinary team environment that will allow you to develop a wide breadth of skills. This is an opportunity to grow in an established and highly respected organization, using your experience and skills to inspire a direct and positive impact on the community.
Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your skills in a collaborative working environment – Apply Now!
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of this competition only.
Please be advised the WPSHC property is smoke-free.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit westparrysoundhealthcentre.scouterecruit.net.