Enaahtig Healing Lodge and Learning Centre
The Justice Case Manager is under direct supervision of the Community Justice Program Manager, and overall supervision of Executive Director. The purpose of this position is to provide mental health and social support services to Aboriginal inmates who are about to be discharged to the community. This position works in partnership with the Canadian Mental Health Association and Central North Correctional Centre to provide reintegration support to inmates, using a case management approach, which encourages and supports the use of community based mental health and addiction services, using wholistic and culturally appropriate methods. This position is part of a mobile team, providing services throughout the service region. The employee will be expected to provide services both within the correctional centre and within the community.
- Provide support to clients who; identify as Indigenous, request support, and take responsibility to heal.
- Provide statistical updates for team and funders.
- Manage client case load from referral to completion of Diversion program.
- Using the OCAN assessment tool, develop client plans of care and ensure required follow-up is completed.
- Liaising with the Canadian Mental Health Association and Central North Correctional Centre and attend weekly Discharge Planning Committee meetings at CNCC.
- To be part of an Aboriginal mental health service support network, working within an Inter-professional team environment that coordinates care.
- Coordinating and facilitating access to traditional healing and other cultural programming for discharged inmates.
- Refer clients internally/externally for programs and services when necessary.
- Keep accurate case notes in EMHWare and ensure all notes are inputted in a timely manner.
- Other duties as required.
- 3+ years of combined education and experience in the human services field.
- Have knowledge of Indigenous Culture.
- Ability to manage a case load of clients.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have or willing to obtain CPR/First Aid, PMAB, ASIST Trainings.
- Must be willing to obtain or have a current Criminal Records Screening including the Vulnerable Sector.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide a current Driver’s Record Search.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $48,000 -$52,000 per year
- Full health and dental benefits
- Additional 4% vacation pay
- RRSP Program
- Paid time off
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 References.
Indigenous applicants will be given priority, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com