North Castle Construction
Due to ongoing demand, North Castle Construction is currently looking to add a responsible and experienced Residential Construction Draftsperson Architectural Revit or Auto CAD Designer to their growing team.
North Castle Construction is a custom design -build company with a passion for work that never compromises quality. North Castle creates unique residential and commercial spaces where beauty, functionality and environmental sustainability work in harmony. As a LEED member, we specialize in energy efficient and environmentally friendly solutions for your renovation and new build products.
Are you a highly organized professional? Are you looking for a fun yet challenging work environment with professional growth opportunities? We’d like to hear from you!
The Residential Construction Draftsperson/Designer will be responsible for the preparation of architectural drawings using Revit, ensuring the design drawings comply with OBC, municipal bylaws and industry standards. The Draftsperson will coordinate all required documents and drawings for a permit application submission for new construction builds, liaising with the Site Super and Project Manager. This role will require some travel to job sites, for design and implementation review and to make any necessary improvements to initial design. The Draftsperson (Architecture technician) will be responsible for producing architectural, Electrical and Plumbing, and all required shop drawings for all products and installation methods for all job sites and our manufacturing facility.
· Prepare concept drawings and create 3D renderings using Revit and Auto CAD of interior/ exterior of residential construction
· Research products, methods, certifications required for various projects
· Develop design drawings which comply with OBC and municipal bylaws
· Liaise with project managers, lead designers and engineers
· Visit job sites to perform layout measurements and evaluate existing condition drawings
· Complete building permit applications, zoning reviews, site plan approvals, and prepare field observation reports Complete permit applications and other municipal and provincial documents
· Work with production staff to ensure products meet quality’s standard take off’s,
· Ensure all aspects of Drafting/ drawing are properly and thoroughly documented
· Collaborates with team members with ease and is able to translate interior design sketches into technical drawings
· Willingness to learn and conduct additional tasks
· Work on multiple projects simultaneously with internal team members and consultants.
· Develop educational documents on different methods, products and technology to increase employee knowledge.
· Research of finishing products, materials, and methods.
· Purchasing of finishing products.
· Other duties as required
· Legally allowed to work in Canada.
· Proficient in English.
· Proficiency in Revit and or Auto Cad is essential.
· Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
· Read and write proficiency in English.
· BCIN is an asset.
· Ability to develop accurate specifications in a timely manner.
· Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings (blueprints) and other construction documents.
· Skilled in mathematics, planning and organizational skills.
· High attention to detail.
· Support continuous improvement in the department and company as a whole.
· Knowledge of industry standards and practices.
· Must be able to research and follow the Ontario Building Code, municipal bylaws, and other documents, and reports to which the project is subject to.
· Comprehensive knowledge in project delivery from programming and schematic design and working drawing documentation.
· Excellent organizational skills and capability to manage and meet deadlines.
· Aptitude for anticipating, identifying, and troubleshooting issues and arriving at solutions.
· Strong understanding of project dynamics, with solid experience throughout all project phases.
· Effective written and oral communication/ customer service skills.
· Being creative, forth site for interior – function of a residential building. Knowledge green building, passive home, new innovative construction techniques.
· Candidates must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and vehicle and are expected to travel to job sites.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com