Sun Retreats Georgian Bay
RESORT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Sun Retreats Georgian Bay (TRA) apply online
Seguin, ON, CA Seasonal Full Time
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you a maintenance professional who is looking for a dynamic and growing
organization that will both challenge and reward you? We are looking for a Resort Maintenance Technician to provide
a full range of maintenance and repair services for one of our resorts.
Resort Maintenance Technicians perform routine and preventative maintenance to maintain the physical integrity of
Sun’s resorts. They conduct home/building maintenance repairs and are responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of
property grounds, facilities, streets, equipment, and various utility systems. Resort Maintenance Technicians provide
excellent customer service to prospective and current guests and residents at all times and may assist with site setups to
ensure timely arrivals and departures of resort guests and residents.
1. Complete routine maintenance and minor repairs to rental homes, facilities, and streets as needed.
2. Complete checklists of physical condition of resort sites prior to and after guest occupancy.
3. Ensure common area lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat for weeds, weed whip, rake leaves,
plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs, and hedges, cut, and remove tree limbs
damaged by adverse weather conditions, and perform other lawn care services as necessary.
4. Ensure resort is presentable and always inviting, and that it adheres to Sun’s curb appeal standards.
5. Ensure trash/debris is picked up daily from common areas and streets on a daily basis. Empty common area
trash containers as needed.
6. Clean resort amenities which may include clubhouses, tennis courts, pickle ball courts, resort offices, restrooms,
laundry areas, bath houses, and maintenance garage.
7. Maintain vacant sites, including strap-downs and removal of trash and debris.
8. Assist manager with supervision of service contractors.
9. Inspect irrigation system regularly to ensure it is working properly, repairs as necessary.
10. Inspect playground area and equipment, pool/spa area, and other recreational amenities to ensure everything is
in good condition, making minor repairs as needed.
11. Ensure all resort streets and public access routes are free of hazards.
12. Maintain resort pool(s), test chemical levels, and adjust appropriately, where applicable.
13. Maintain resort vehicles and equipment.
14. Follow safety procedures while performing duties, including safely operating vehicles when moving from site to
site and picking up supplies.
15. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• High School Education (some HS education required)
• Previous maintenance experience in a campground or RV resort, preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general maintenance techniques and repair work
• Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work.
• Valid driver’s license
• General knowledge of janitorial work, plumbing, electrical, and grounds maintenance
• Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, and commercial machinery.
• Ability to provide legible written reports.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and internet.
• Availability to respond to resort needs during non-business hours while on-call.
To apply for this job please visit careers.suncommunities.com.