Pet Valu Parry Sound
Parry Sound, ON
From $15.50 an hour – Part-time, Permanent
Apply on Indeed
Pet Valu employees are the key to our successful expansion in North America. As a growing organization our employees apply their creativity and innovative ideas as they take ownership of projects and shine. We pride ourselves in providing an open environment by managing with approachability and providing support to allow for growth and career development. We offer a fast-paced and ever-changing environment while demonstrating the utmost professionalism.
We’re Canada’s largest pet specialty retailer, and we’re proud to say we make a big impact by supporting local pet rescues, charities and shelters in communities across Canada and the US. In the past five years we have fundraised $7.12 million for North American animal rescue charities and helped 11,781 deserving pets to find their forever homes. We’ve also partnered with Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides nationally, and are proud to have sponsored many dog guides teams across Canada
There’s a reason we call our team ‘Animal Care Experts.’ Our extensive online training programs ensure that our staff are able to provide our customers and their pets with expert advice.
Why Work at Pet Valu?
- Flexible work hours
- Employee discounts
As a Sales Associate you will use your knowledge and experience to help Devoted Pet Lovers find the right nutrition and other solutions for their pets. You will be part of a team of passionate Animal Care Experts, and enjoy the perks of helping Devoted Pet Lovers every day. If you are enthusiastic about learning and growing with one of the top pet retailers in North America, this position is for you!
What you get:
- Staff Discounts
- Retail Training
- Competitive Wage
- Pet Care Knowledge
- Flexible Scheduling
What you do:
- Customer sales and cashier
- Preparing merchandise orders including online and phone orders, miscellaneous paperwork
- Placing small items (under 10 lbs) including pet supplies, household items, etc. into stock in the sales area of the store
- Sweeping, dusting and other general store maintenance and cleaning functions
- Assist in unloading delivery vehicles of cases and bags of pet food and supplies and putting these into stock (items up to 50 lbs.)
- Small Animal Care including feeding and cleaning cages for hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, rats, mice, etc.
- Handling of insects (crickets, hornworms, superworms, mealworms, etc)
- Other duties and tasks as required
What you bring:
- Previous retail or customer service experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of POS system is an asset
- Possess outgoing and friendly personality with strong customer service skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to work as scheduled to meet attendance requirements, which include weekends and evenings
- Ability to have reliable means of transportation to and from the store
- Pet Valu supports the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Disability related accommodation is available on request. Please advise us if you have any questions or should you require any of our materials in an alternative format.
- Employee discounts
- Job Type: Year Round Part-time
- Salary: From $15.00 per hour based on experience
Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
All customers and staff are required to wear face masks; social distancing; common surfaces sanitized regularly; limited capacity when applicable
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.