Website YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
JOB TITLE: School Age Coordinator
LOCATION: Midland, Penetang & area
DEPARTMENT: Child and Family Development
HOURS OF WORK: Before & after school positions operate Monday-Friday split-shifts with shifts starting as early as 6:00am and as late as 6:00pm; approximately 30 hours/week.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• Pay rate $18.63-$20.63 per hour depending on qualifications
• A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
• Opportunities for professional development and career growth
Under the direction of the Manager or Supervisor, the Coordinator gives leadership and supervision to YMCA Staff and volunteers and is accountable for the overall operation of the Child Care Centre, ensuring adherence to the Mission, Vision and Values of the YMCA, Quality Assurance Statement, curriculum standards as well as all legislative requirements set forth by the Ministry of Education, Municipalities, Public Health and Fire Chief.
• Self manages on-going professional development;
• Responsible for achieving successful completion of all required trainings in first year of employment which could include YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum phase one trainings, CATCH, YMCA Healthy Child Development
• Attend other YMCA Child and Family Development training programs as required
• Works to maintain active and effective communication and information networks within the centre, the staff team and with community agencies working with individual children and families
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the regulations and operating standards and ensures centre is run in accordance to all directives, legislations, guidelines and policies.
• Understands and mentors centre team providing strong leadership to implement a safe, accessible, quality, child-centered, early childhood program.
• Ensures program plans and centre environments address each child’s identified needs, stage of development and interests, assisting children to make developmental progress. Communicates to parents on children’s developmental progress and supports staff in doing so.
• Supervises initial entry of each child into the child care classroom.
• Identifies and seeks support to act on opportunities for program enhancement
• Give leadership to and works with centre staff to maintain a well organized, accessible, safe and clean child care facility including classrooms, playground, washrooms, cubicles and equipment.
• Develops positive relationships and collaborative partnerships with families. Understands each family’s specific needs and plans for successful outcomes
• Ensure the regular implementation of program quality evaluation tools
• Provides quality care to all children in a licensed childcare environment
• Actively engages with children and ensures supervision and safety of children at all times
• Plans and implements a consistent child-centred program in accordance with YMCA curriculums Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect.
• Complies with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
• Other duties as assigned
• Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
• Or Child and Youth Worker (CYW/CYC) Bachelor of Education (OCT), Rec and Leisure diploma
• RECEs must be registered with their governing regulatory body or be willing to obtain registration
• Passion for working with children and providing quality play-based learning within a licensed childcare setting
• Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport with parents, children, staff and volunteers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, particularly regarding split shifts
• Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
• Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following prior to first day of work:
• Up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification
• Successful completion of Police Records Check within the last 6 months
• Up-to-date immunizations
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to apply by visiting www.ymcacareers.ca
Applications will remain open until April 13, 2021.