Town of Parry Sound
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Community Recreation Programs Coordinator and/or the Manager of Parks & Recreation, the Screener is responsible for supporting the infection prevention protocols by screening visitors to the Town of Parry Sound’s Recreational Facilities. The primary duties include but are not limited to:
· Screen all persons entering the Town of Parry Sound owned recreation facilities using the standardized screening tool.
· Ensure all visitors read and understand the Covid-19 screening questionnaire and complete sign-in.
· Adhere to all policies and procedures related to wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Ensure all persons entering the facility follow the identified precautionary measures and wear the correct protective apparel (i.e. a face mask) as required.
· Handle confidential information.
· Ensure visitor inquiries are directed to the appropriate staff member.
· Perform high-touch surface area cleaning as required (i.e. tables, doorknobs, etc.)
· Comply with occupational health and safety practices, and fire prevention practices and regulations.
· Performs other related duties within the general parameters of this job description, as may reasonably be requested.
Education, Knowledge, Skills:
1. Willingness and ability to wear protective equipment (face covering, mask, etc.)
2. Good teamwork and cooperation skills.
3. Good communication and public relation skills.
4. Self-motivated with the ability to perform work assignments with minimal supervision and good judgment.
5. This position is casual in nature, and there is no guarantee of regular weekly hours. The successful candidate must be able to work a variety of shifts (days and evenings), seven days per week.
· Previous experience in customer service is preferred.
· Previous experience in an arena environment is preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Environment:
· Work is performed in an environment with frequent exposure to minor undesirable and disagreeable conditions, such as heat or cold, inclement weather.
· Work in a public facility that is accessible to the public and other staff.
· Long periods of sitting and/or standing, walking, etc.
Health & Safety:
All employees working for the Corporation of the Town of Parry Sound are governed by the Corporations Health & Safety Policy.
· Ensure that all tasks are conducted safely and in accordance with the established policies and procedures and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
· Ensures proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
Note: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
$18.83 per hour as per the Collective Agreement.
The Town of Parry Sound is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Town of Parry Sound Recruitment Policy. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
Reference ID: 210016
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $18.83 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.