Website Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services
Niijaansinaanik CFS is a culture based organization responsive to the holistic needs of all children, youth and families.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Screening and Disclosure Services Supervisor is responsible for directly supervising the Telephone Screeners and Disclosure Workers. The Supervisor is responsible for providing direction, coaching and clinical supervision to staff on all matters relating to child welfare service delivery while ensuring that their efforts are in alignment with the Agency’s strategic planning, policies and procedures as well as the legal framework of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and First Nation standards of practice.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Master of Social Work degree is preferred and would be an asset
- Honors Bachelor of Social Work (HBSW) degree
- Five (5) years’ direct experience working with children and families involved in child welfare protection
- Three (3) years’ direct management and administration experience in a child welfare protection or social service agency
- Knowledge of Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services programs and services
- Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
- Basic knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act
- Knowledge of First Nation service delivery, customs and traditions in responding to child welfare
- Knowledge of traditional practices, ceremonies and teachings
- Must provide a clear Police Records Check – Vulnerable Sector
- Must provide a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, have access to a vehicle and the ability to travel
- Must have $1M auto insurance liability coverage
- Must provide an acceptable three-year uncertified Driver’s Abstract
Niijaansinaanik is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. Please submit your resume and cover letter along with three work related references to:
Bonnie Reid, Director of Human Resources
Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services
940A Main Street, Dokis First Nation, ON P0M 2N1
Email to: email@example.com
Preference will be given to applicants of Native ancestry, please self-identify.
We thank all those applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For a more detailed job description, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com