The Public Works department Seguin Township
Seasonal Employment Opportunity
The Public Works department has an opening for a Seasonal Equipment/Waste
Contract Period – October 2021 to April 2022
Duties and Qualifications:
• Equipment/Waste Operator must have a valid DZ licence, AZ license
would be considered an asset.
• You may be scheduled to work weekday and weekends including statutory
holidays. The work schedule is under review and subject to change.
• Experience driving a variety of large and small equipment; (dump truck,
waste truck, backhoe, bulldozer, front-end loader chainsaw etc.)
• You will be required to plow and sand various roads within the
• You may be required to patrol the roads within the Municipality checking for
conditions and keep accurate and appropriate records of conditions according
to the Minimum Standards outlined in the Minimum Maintenance Standards
for Municipal Highways.
• Ability to read work orders and follow through on tasks such as installation of
road signs, flagging and road maintenance work, tree maintenance, cold
patching and garbage removal.
• Ability to work as a cooperative team player in promoting a strong and
positive work place.
• Must be able to perform physical labourer duties.
• Ability to read and understand legislation and manuals as related to
equipment operation, highway traffic act regulations, traffic control
responsibilities and health and safety legislation and policies.
• The ability to follow and complete instructions from supervisors.
• An understanding of Workplace Safety and the Occupational Health and
Please submit your resume or completed application to the attention of Christine Dixon,
Deputy Treasurer, email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. Thursday September 30th, 2021.
Christine Dixon, Deputy Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
5 Humphrey Drive, Seguin, ON P2A 2W8
Phone: (705) 732-4300 Fax: 705) 732-6347
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is
collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, and will only be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
The Township of Seguin is an equal opportunity employer and if you require accommodation to participate in
the recruitment process, please contact our office.
Vaccination is a key element in the protection of employees against the hazard of COVID19. New employees must comply with the Seguin Township Mandatory Vaccination Policy
prior to commencing their employment.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com