Henvey Inlet First Nation
SECONDARY SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
Henvey Inlet First Nation is seeking a Secondary School Bus Driver to join our Administration for a
temporary, short-term contract up to six months. The Secondary School Bus Driver reports to the
Education Counsellor and is responsible for transporting students of various ages to and from their homes
and respective schools in a timely and safe manner and in accordance with MTO driving regulations,
Ontario traffic laws and safe driving practices. This position requires excellent organization,
communication and customer service skills.
The Secondary School Bus Driver will be responsible to:
• Ensure bus is well-maintained and operational by conducting daily safety checks on both interior and
exterior of school bus prior to operating vehicle
• Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs
• Safely deliver students to and from their homes and schools, following the assigned time schedule.
• Assist students with boarding and exiting the bus and while crossing the street as needed
• Adhere to and enforce bus safety rules and standards
• Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner
• Resolve any conflicts in a positive, respectful and proactive manner
• Complete an Ontario School Bus Inspection Log Book and Drivers Time Log Book on a daily basis
• Fuel the bus at HIFN Gas Bar as required, notifying the Gas Bar Attendant which bus they are fueling
to ensure the correct account is charged
• Transport busses to maintenance and service appointments as required
• Cleaning of the interior of the bus daily and restocking bus supplies when necessary
• Regularly report on the operations of daily runs to the Education Counsellor
• Be available by phone at all times during the school day
• Be informed on protocols for the bus’s ability to transport students when weather or safety conditions
are a concern
• Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Supervisor, Chief and Council or the Director of
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent preferred
• Valid Ontario Class B or E Driver’s License required
• Clear Driver’s Abstract
• Clear CPIC – Vulnerable Sector Police Check
• Current First Aid and CPR Level C
• Previous school bus driver experience preferred
• Knowledge of the Ontario Highway Traffic Act and school bus regulations
• Knowledge of First Nations customs, traditions and language an asset
• Excellent driving skills and habits
• Ability to remain attentive when faced with distractions
• Excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional organization and time-management skills
• High level of personal integrity and accountability
HOURS OF WORK
Full-Time – 40 hrs/week
Based on experience.
As soon as possible
Posted until filled
Those interested in applying should submit their resume, cover letter, driver’s abstract and CPIC in
Henvey Inlet First Nation – Human Resources
295 Pickerel River Rd.
Pickerel, ON P0G 1J0
Tel: (705) 857-2331
Fax: (705) 857-3021
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Henvey Inlet First Nation gives preference to all qualified First Nations people in accordance with Section
24(1) (a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org