WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
AUGUST 3, 2022
JOB POSTING: OPSEU 2022-317
Temporary Full-Time Position (August 2022 to approximately December 2022)
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and technology
can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of Canada’s top
outdoor adventure destinations. You can get from desk to dock in 10 minutes!
Being a member of the WPSHC team means you work with a leadership team that is collaborative and
approachable. WPSHC team members are passionate and dedicated to delivering high-quality patient and
family-centered care. Our team approach offers Building Monitors the opportunity to use their complete skill
set in a modern environment.
Applications are currently being accepted for a Security/ Building Monitor reporting to the Manager of
Plant Operations/ Security. The successful applicant will assist in ensuring building security and the safety of
patients, staff and visitors.
This position is being developed in partnership with the District of Parry Sound Social Services
Administration Board and will be primarily located offsite.
The hours of work are 11.25-hour night shifts, 2000-0715, including weekends.
• Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent;
• Successful completion of an aggressive behaviour course;
• Must be physically capable of fulfilling the physical duties of the position, such as transferring loads
of 30 lbs.+ and transporting equipment and supplies throughout the Health Centre;
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and work independently with minimal supervision;
• Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history and positive
• Valid license to act as a Security Guard as required under the Private Security and Investigative
Services Act, 2005;
• Demonstrated knowledge of various computer applications and software related to healthcare
• Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health Centre:
Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibility, Excellence, and Safety.
Compensation & Benefits
$20.65 per hour to start
+ Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
+ 4% vacation pay and 13% pay in lieu of fringe benefits (9% if enrolled in HOOPP)
+ Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
+ Wellness Program & onsite gym
Please submit a resume with a covering letter by August 17, 2022, quoting OPSEU 2022-317 to:
West Parry Sound Health Centre
Human Resources Department
6 Albert St., Parry Sound, ON, P2A 3A4
Fax: (705) 773-4036
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with
disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the
nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes.
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised the WPSHC property is smoke-free.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com