Grant M. Towers Custom Carpentry
Job Title: Skilled Labourer Leader
Wages: $22.00 – $28.00 based on experience and assets.
Hours: 7:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday-Friday usually, odd weekend.
General Labourer Responsibilities:
• Operate construction vehicles.
• Use power tools.
• Haul goods from the receiving area.
• Maintain a clean work environment.
• Climb to heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints.
• Lift heavy loads up to 70 lbs and navigate construction job site terrain.
• Perform setup and cleanup tasks at job site.
• Direct traffic when necessary to ensure safety of pedestrians, motorists and work crew.
• Back-fill trenches and pits when necessary.
• Provide labour support as needed for specialty crew.
• Perform general maintenance of construction equipment and vehicles.
• In charge of keeping labourers on task and in pace at projects.
• Preforming solo tasks and duties when asked.
• Partake and complete any given training on site and in class.
• Read blue prints and frame accordingly.
• Organization of tools at end of day to ensure easy access for follow day.
• Interior finishing, flooring, window installation and any other required indoor projects to
complete a home build.
General Labourer Requirements:
• A high school qualification or equivalent.
• Stamina and strength to perform manual labor.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Excellent hand-eye-coordination skills.
• 4+ years’ construction industry experience preferred.
• Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures.
• Comfortable working in high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations.
• Safety at heights considered an asset.
How to Apply:
• Email Resume and cover letter to email@example.com
* Shop location is in Carling Township. Employees can meet there and ride in the work vehicle
or can drive themselves to the job site daily. *
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org