Social Service Worker
Parry Sound, ON
$20–$24 an hour – Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20–$24 an hour
Job type: Part-time, Permanent
- First Aid Certification (Required)
Full Job Description
Recreational Respite is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Recreational Respite will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided accommodations needed to participate in the job application or interview process.
Please contact our Recruitment Lead, Heather Slade at careers@recrespite. com or 1-877-855-7070.
Recreational Respite provides meaningful respite solutions through recreation support: 1:1 and group programs. The services are provided within an individuals’ home or in various community settings. Our team works with individuals who have disabilities, including mental health. We support children, youth, adults and older adults. Our team members are an integral part of our team at Recreational Respite. They possess a unique and skilled ability to respond to individualized needs, interests, strengths and abilities of the individuals we support.
*Experience as an Independent Contractor, is an asset. RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Must be able to identify needs, abilities, strengths and interests and adapt programming on an individual basis with a strong additional focus on family and caregiver suppport
- Ongoing evaluation of recreation programming,
- Must have proven programming techniques to improve the physical, cognitive, emotional and social health, promoting connectivity and participation,
- Ensure to operate in compliance with the relevant policies and procedures of Recreational Respite. SKILLS:
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and the ability to work independently
- Possess strong documentation skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR certification
- Vulnerable Sector check and clearance
- Reliable means of transportation is a must
- Diploma or Degree Therapeutic Recreation
- Diploma or Degree, Social Service Worker
- Diploma or Degree, Child and Youth Worker
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Weekend availability
- First Aid Certification (required)
- clear vulnerable sector check (required)
- CPI training (preferred)
Hiring Insights: Hiring 2 candidates for this role
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit recrespite.%20com.