One Kids Place
Speech Language Pathologist
Parry Sound, ON•Hybrid remote
Salary: $37.27–$46.74 an hour
Job type: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Full Job Description
ONE KIDS PLACE – Children’s Treatment Centre provides rehabilitation and related support services for children and youth (up to the age of 19) and their families living in the Districts of Muskoka, Nipissing and Parry Sound. All staff will provide service within an interdisciplinary team environment committed to family-centered practice.
POSITION: (1) 1.0 FTE Speech Language Pathologist (Contract Full-Time to December 31, 2022)
LOCATION: Parry Sound
POSITION SUMMARY: The Speech Language Pathologist provides assessment, consultation, clinical diagnosis and treatment planning to assist children and youth to
achieve their optimum rehabilitation potential in all areas of speech and language including communication, cognition and swallowing. Note that clinical supervision of communication disorders assistants and family education will be important components of all positions.
- Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Current registration with the College of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology of Ontario
- 2 years related work experience within a pediatric/health care setting with children and youth with special needs
- Experience working in Augmentative and Alternative Communication is an asset
- Working knowledge of community resources and supports within the Districts of Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound and Timiskaming
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills/Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid Ontario driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable vehicle
- Computer competency and adaptable in the use of computer software for the purpose of assessments, documentation, programming and communication.
- Good attendance/Work Record
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred/ADP authorizer is an asset
COMPENSATION: $37.27 – $46.74 hourly (depending on prior experience as per our Collective Agreement).
WHY WORK AT OKP?
As an employee at One Kids Place, you will become part of a team of skilled professionals working together to meet the special needs of children, youth and their families. The work environment includes the family-centered principles and values of mutual respect, collaboration, accessibility and community inclusivity. One Kids Place provides opportunities for ongoing education and development through mentorships, workshops, conferences and seminars.
All of our locations benefit from Northern Ontario living. Work and live minutes from numerous ski-hills, beaches, lakes, trails and outdoor activities for all seasons. As well as unique art, cultural and shopping experiences.
Additionally, we offer:
- An amazing PENSION plan
- Employee Health Benefits
- 4 weeks of vacation to START!
- Need more time off? We also offer flexible working arrangements such as 4 day work weeks, evening and weekend shifts, and hybrid/remote work!
- Need even more time off? We offer paid corporate holidays, paid sick time, paid breaks, and more!
For an opportunity to be part of our exciting future, please apply via this job posting or send your resume attention to:
One Kids Place, 400 McKeown Ave., North Bay ON P1B 0B2
One Kids Place Children’s Treatment Centre is committed to an inclusive and accessible environment. Please send an email to the address above to let us know if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org