Website STEM Camp
As a STEM Camp Counsellor, your duties and responsibilities may include some or all of the
• Leading activities for a group of STEM campers as assigned by Head Office; Leading inquiry and discussion surrounding those activities;
• Assisting campers in learning more about STEM Camp projects;
• Creating a fun, enjoyable, and safe atmosphere for campers;
• Modelling appropriate behaviour and positive interactions in every session with campers and your peers; Coming to each session prepared;
• Setting the tone by being an example for campers by actively leading camper activities, and showing an interest in each camper as s/he works through activities;
• Ensuring that all campers under your care are treated equally, consistently and fairly;
• Assuming the responsibility of leadership with consistent and specific direction in the supervision of campers;
• Using only Head Office approved websites, online tools and videos in camp activities;
• Demonstrating emotional maturity, a positive attitude, thoughtfulness and stability in decision-making;
• Being self-confident and able to accept and adopt constructive feedback;
• Providing appropriate feedback to, and communication with parents or guardians whenever needed, and immediately when emergency contact with parents/guardians is required;
• Completing all company training and abiding by all STEM Camp policies, rules and regulations;
• Carrying out other reasonable administrative duty requests from any member of the Management Team;
• Examining and implementing market research surrounding fall programming by phoning customers and researching educational market trends;
• Developing activities for STEM Camp;
• Ensuring sessions are running smoothly and that both campers and counsellors are following the STEM Camp guidelines by watching and reviewing recorded sessions when operating a virtual camp;
• Ensuring each session has the material needed to run smoothly by creating different games and activities for campers aged 5-13 to engage in as they work through the program material with their counsellors.
This is a Canada Summer Jobs opportunity. Please see additional details below.
- Must reside in the Parry Sound/Muskoka constituency
- Must be between the ages of 16-29
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Camp is running for 8 weeks total in the following communities 2 weeks in Parry Sound, 2 weeks in Bracebridge, 2 weeks in Huntsville and 2 weeks in Gravenhurst. Staff are required to commit to 8 weeks.
To apply please visit website at https://stemcamp.ca/camp-counsellor-job/
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit stemcamp.ca.