SHAWANAGA GAS & VARIETY
SHAWANAGA FIRST NATION
SHAWANAGA GAS & VARIETY
POSITION: STORE ATTENDANT TEAM MEMBER
Must be available to work flexible hours, including early mornings, nights and
Summer Students – Adult Workers
Full/Part Time – Casual – Call-In
Duties & Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
In this position you will:
• Greet customers and maintain a high level of customer service, always
maintaining professionalism, tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to portray the
company in a positive manner.
• Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of professionalism
by following the company dress code and/or wearing the company uniform.
• Ensure store conditions are consistently upheld to established standards and
participate in all manner of store maintenance.
• Work in partnership with management and other employees to maximize store
sales and in-store presence.
• Participate in merchandising and promotional activities.
• Assist with display and inventory management of all product, including rotating
stock and ensuring satisfactory inventory levels are met.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and standards for cost control, waste
reduction and quality control.
• Receive and process products, reporting discrepancies to management.
• Manually unload materials from pallets, skids and cars.
• Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory and procedures.
• Prepare sales and accept cash, credit/debit payment or charge to account.
• Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day/shift.
• Answer telephone and electronic inquiries and relay telephone calls and
• Inform supervisor of the need to order materials as required.
• Assist with administration duties as required.
• Check identification of customers to make sure they meet the age requirements for the
purchase of tobacco and/or lottery products.
• Document daily activities and submit/fill in reports.
• Adhere to all appropriate workplace regulations and legislation regarding health and safety and
company policies and procedures.
• Protect the health and safety of others by adopting safe work practices and reporting unsafe
• Assist with orientation/onboarding of new hires and peer-to-peer training.
• Consistently share knowledge, skills and related abilities with peers.
• Maintain a clean work area and ensure proper tools, equipment and supplies are available when
• Team player a must.
• High level of integrity and work ethic.
• Ability to work under extreme pressure and handle tense and stressful situations.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
• Ability to adapt to new technology.
• Demonstrated time management skills.
• Ability to present a professional image in appearance, words and actions.
• Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends and store openings and closing to
meet the needs of the business.
• Ability to analyse and interpret the needs of customers and offer the appropriate options,
solutions and resolutions required.
• Ability to promote products and persuade customers.
• Must be able to follow directions and work well with others.
• Must be able to provide excellent quality service to customers.
• Must have a Social Insurance Number (S.I.N.#)
• C.P.I.C. (Criminal Police Information Check) required.
• Must be able to provide Banking Information – Pre-Authorized Debit Form
• Extended periods of standing and or other physically demanding conditions
• Lifting, moving or manipulating objects up to 50lbs
• Flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• Interaction with customer/clients and the public at large
• Operation of desktop computer and peripherals
• High levels of stress and pressure
• Occasional overtime
Interested applicants may submit a resume to Tracey Pawis-McCans, Store Manager at Shawanaga First
Nation Gas & Variety or to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org