Property Maintenance and Capital Projects DSSAB
Supervisor – Property Maintenance and Capital Projects
Property Maintenance and Capital Projects
Full-time Permanent – 35 Hours / Week
Location – West Parry Sound
To assume responsibility for the maintenance and completion of major upgrades/repairs for all DSSAB and LHC
properties. This position will implement, co-ordinate and monitor the completion of all capital projects and will
be responsible for the co-ordination of procurement and tendering for these projects. This position is
responsible for compliance with the Safe Drinking Water Act and the Ontario Health & Safety Act. (i.e., asbestos
management.) and other applicable legislation.
• Successful completion of a Post-Secondary diploma or degree in building technology or 2-year diploma in
construction, building maintenance, architecture technology or related studies.
• 5 years of directly related work experience.
• Working knowledge of building construction and maintenance, mechanical and electrical systems, tender
specification preparation and tendering process and construction law including Canadian Construction
Documents Committee (CCDC) contracts.
• Thorough knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
• Excellent communication, planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Strong computer literacy skills in a windows environment and ability to work with new computer
• Must possess a diverse and in-depth knowledge of the theory of building science, design of buildings,
construction practices, energy-management processes, building codes and safety requirements, planned
maintenance, building condition audits, building safety, fire safety, building codes and local by-laws.
• Ability to travel throughout the district as required.
• Limited ground water certification an asset.
Rate of Pay: $83,235.93 / annually
Comprehensive benefit package (including Dental & Vision), OMERS Pension
Please submit cover letter & resume referencing job ID 22N-02 by July 6, 2022
Attn: Danielle Villeneuve, CHRP
Manager of Human Resources
1 Beechwood Drive, Parry Sound, ON P2A 1J2
Fax: (705) 751-5370, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted. Upon request by the applicant,
accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
The DSSAB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please advise the HR department
The DSSAB actively seeks candidates from First Nations, Métis and Inuit, racialized and LGBTQ2S+ communities, women, and people with disabilities. We
encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com