– Ongoing compliance of Health and Safety practices (EHSS, WHMIS, Area Hazard Assessment Details, PPE, etc.)
– Painting according to drawings
– Plating processes including but not limited to anodizing, chromate, passivate and etch.
– Abrasive blasting.
– Measure and gauge parts to insure quality is adhered to.
– Maintains cleanliness and organization within work area.
– Maintains adherence and diligence to specifications and Work Instruction packages, ensuring that the operation is efficient, safe and that product quality is achieved.
– Any other duty deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Education and Technical Requirements:
– Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma- Grade 12
– Technical ability to read blue prints, sketches, interpret drawings and geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
– Knowledge of various pieces of metrology equipment. Ie. Calipers, gauges, micrometers. etc.
– Understanding of quality systems.
– Ability to read and understand complete drawing packages.
– Experience painting would be an asset.
– Physical or muscular ability and dexterity at a level that allows the person to perform a variety of manual tasks including but not limited to occasional lifting of approximately 30lbs, repetitive lifting ranging up to 15lbs, and a combination of standing and sitting over the course of a day.
– Effectual interpersonal leadership and communications skills.
– Proficient in using basic computer programs and applications, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
– Planning and coordinating of resources and activities within the team and other departments as required.
– Accountability to stay motivated and resilient even when faced with inevitable delays, setbacks and policy shifts.
– Required to perform shift work as necessary.
– Ability to lift approximately 30lbs and repetitive lifting of 15lbs or less.
– Ability to handle a large amount of work effectively and efficiently.
Raytheon ELCAN offers a competitive compensation package that includes incentive program, benefits, and pension plan.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal reference check and obtain/maintain a Government of Canada security clearance and any applicable clearances with respect to the handling and transfer of controlled goods.
Raytheon ELCAN is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; we welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Raytheon ELCAN will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.rtx.com.