Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services
Team Assistants are responsible for providing various administrative and technical support services to the service team or teams to which they are assigned. The Team Assistant will also provide support to ensure that administrative systems are functioning effectively and efficiently in support of smooth implementation of Niijaansinaanik’s services for staff, clients, visitors and the public at large. The Team Assistant will also be responsible for clerical and reception duties as required.
Clerical and Reception Support:
Provide efficient and effective clerical and reception support to the team.
- Perform clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, faxing, photocopying and filing
- Ensure Team ‘Shared Calendar’ is up to date
- Record and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and faxes
- Respond to telephone inquiries for staff and services
- Administrative Functions:
- Coordinate and perform day-to-day administrative duties.
- Manage and monitor the administrative workload within the team
- Coordinate and maintain office equipment and supplies
- Order, distribute and maintain inventory of supplies
- Prepare, organize, schedule and document team meetings
Niijaansinaanik is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. Please submit your resume and cover letter along with three work related references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Native ancestry, please self-identify.
We thank all those applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For a more detailed job description, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
Position Location : Henvey Inlet First Nation
Closing date: Monday, September 27, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
- Knowledge of Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services programs and services
- Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture,
- traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
- Have knowledge of standard office procedures
- Have extensive knowledge of computers and standard computer software programs (e.g.
- Excel, Word).
- Working knowledge of a multi-line phone system, office equipment: fax, photocopiers, shredder,
- scanners etc.
- Must provide a clear Police Records Check
- Must provide a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, have access to a vehicle and have the ability to
- Must have $1M auto insurance liability coverage
- Must provide a three-year uncertified Driver’s Abstract
Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services is a provincially designated Child Well-Being Agency that provides Prevention and Protection, Child and Family services that reflect values, beliefs and principles rooted within the Anishinabek culture. We serve the communities of Wahnapitae, Dokis, Henvey, Magnetawan, Shawanaga, and Wasauksing First Nations.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit niijcfs.com.