A Technical Operator is responsible for ensuring manufacturing parts and assemblies for shipment to
customers, meeting Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) measures for quality and performance. They
are also responsible for the basic troubleshooting / repair / PM of equipment within their assigned
production zone within a set of established guidelines. It is the Technical Operator’s job to ensure that the
equipment produces parts throughout the production run according to customer specification.
The following is a more detailed listing of the Technical Operator responsibilities;
Machine Operator Responsibilities
· Using the tools provided machine and assemble parts within customer specification.
· Ensure that established OEE (meet 100% of quality standards (quality), have zero DT events (availability)
and performance to plan (CT)) standards are achieved within designated cells and workstations.
· Ensure that safety standards are maintained within the designated cells and workstations.
· Ensure standard work and associated tools are utilized to meet standards.
· Ensure that all parts are checked according to the established Quality Control Standards using the tools
· Liaise with the Production Supervisor, Team Leader, Quality Control personnel and other operators on
quality and safety concerns.
· Be the first responder to any downtime events in the defined zone and immediately begin troubleshooting
to ensure timely and appropriate repair.
· Within established guidelines, determine if a quick and effective repair is possible and determine when
escalation is required as per indicated guidelines
· Perform changeovers as required
· Assist in the training of new Technical Operators;
· Ensure that standard job procedures are understood and followed;
· Ensure that preventative maintenance sheets are completed appropriately and on time;
· Ensure that appropriate channels of communication are maintained and enhanced in the following areas
as a minimum:
A) Shift to shift between Technical Operators and Team Leads;
B) On shift with Team Leads & Production Supervision
C) On shift with production operators;
· Assist in the completion of special projects as assigned;
· Ensure that all environmental requirements are identified and addressed when performing duties.
· Ensure that all safety requirements are being carried out when performing duties.
· Provide support for defined Business Systems and Environmental Management Systems requirements;
· Provide support for the continuous improvement initiatives within Techform.
· Provide support in the attainment of Techform’s “Key Performance Indicators” as outlined by the graphs.
· Carry out all duties focusing on the goal of internal and external customer satisfaction.
· Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designate.
· Safety Performance
· Overall Equipment Effectiveness Performance Results
· Overall Equipment Effectiveness Availability Results
· Overall Equipment Effectiveness Quality Results
· 5-S Cell Results
· Scrap Identification and Reduction in Assigned Zone
· On-Time and Efficient Completion of assigned Preventative Maintenance Tasks
· Other Performance Evaluation Requirements
· Minimum grade 12 diploma or equivalent is an asset;
· A working knowledge of measuring equipment including part fixtures, height gauges, micrometers,
protractors and verniers is required;
· Good written and verbal communication skills are required;
· Attention to detail is key to ensure that parts meet and exceed customer requirements;
A strong mechanical aptitude is required.
· The position requires an individual capable of prioritizing work requirements while working independently
or within a team with general direction provided by the Team Lead and Supervisor.
· Leads by Example
· Observes Standards
· Trains Others
· Attends to Details
· Communicates Effectively
· Mathematical Aptitude
· Escalates issues promptly when required
· Time Conscious
· Copes with Deadlines
· Exercises Judgment
· Team Player
· Problem Solving
· Organizes Work
Job Site Location: Penetanguishene
Company: Magna Techform
Contact: Kathryn Kenny
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA
Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept
any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com