Parry Sound, ON
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Pulled from the full job description
Employee assistance program
Show 7 more benefits
Full Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Telecommunications Technician – Fibre & Wireless
LOCATION: Parry Sound and the Muskokas’s
REPORTS TO: Fibre Manager
Vianet is a well-established, customer-oriented telecommunications company with offices located across Ontario. We provide Residential, Small Business, and Enterprise level customers in both urban and rural locations with a wide range of services to suit their unique needs. We offer internet access across a variety of mediums such as our own Fibre and Wireless infrastructure, and third-party DSL and Cable services. We also provide phone service, high-definition television service in select areas, as well as a variety of business services.
We are looking for a hard-working employee to support the continued growth of our company. We have passion for our company and hold the same devotion for our people. We know that the right people in the right positions can do incredible things, and we love watching that happen!
We are now hiring a Full-Time Telecommunications Technician to install and service mainly fibre and some wireless – based out of the Parry Sound location. The ideal candidate will perform field work, servicing and installing fibre to residential and businesses on days, afternoons, evenings and weekend shifts. This includes all installation functions associated with the addition, modification and removal of all technology equipment, hardware, testing, drilling and running cabling.
- Representing Vianet in a positive and professional manner in the field.
- Driving a company vehicle to make service calls to a variety of customer sites including residential and business.
- Servicing & installing fibre and wireless on days, afternoons, evenings and weekend shifts as needed.
- Performing all installation functions associated with the addition, modification and removal of all technology equipment, hardware, testing, drilling and running cabling.
- Performing extensive ladder work and bucket truck work.
- Assessing and troubleshooting equipment.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with customers.
- Working safely at all times while carrying out duties in the field.
- Performing occasional out of town and overnight work as required.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Previous telecom and/or experience in other technical related fields.
- Post-secondary education in a related field is preferred.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Strong computer skills and technology savvy.
- Safety conscience – working safely with an awareness and alertness of preventing danger.
- Comfortable working safely at heights, performing ladder, bucket truck and roof top work.
- Safety Certifications: Working at Heights, Fall Arrest, Ladder & Bucket Training, WHMIS, First Aid & CPR. (Vianet will provide safety training)
- An upbeat attitude with a positive approach to customer service.
- Regular time & attendance is an essential job function.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good people skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Well organized with good time management skills.
- Team player with the ability to work well with others.
- Positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Excellent customer service, trouble shooting abilities and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
HOURS OF WORK: Days, afternoons, evenings & weekend shifts.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Parry Sound, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Do you live in and around the Parry Sound area?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- telecommunications: 1 year (preferred)
- related field related: 1 year (preferred)
- Ontario Drivers Licence and clean abstract (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (preferred)
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.