Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good – helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
We’re looking for a…
The Housekeeper ensures the facilities are clean, welcoming, and disinfected on a regular basis.
This role will be based onsite at our Tim Horton Memorial Camp location in Parry Sound, ON.
3 contract timelines available:
1. January 2, 2024 – October 31, 2024 (1 position available)
2. March 11, 2024 – October 31, 2024 (1 position available)
3. May 28, 2024 – August 19, 2024 (1 position available)
$17.00 – $18.75 per hour based on experience.
What would you be doing?
- Maintain a clean and comfortable environment for staff, campers, and guests
- Follow the cleaning and sanitizing schedules and routines
- Wash, store and distribute clean linens
- Inventory and stock facilities with supplies required
- Ensure a timely response to requests for support such as spills or broken glass
- Empty and sanitize waste and recycling receptacles
- Follow assigned health and safety standards, and safe work procedures, at all times
- Follow policies and procedures to ensure the safe handling of chemicals and operation of equipment
- Identify, address and report hazards to the Property Manager or designate
- Contribute to department goals and cross functional support as required
Does this sound like you?
- Interested in working in a hospitality environment
- Physical stamina and mobility to reach, kneel and bend
- Ability to lift, push and pull required load (up to 25 lbs)
- Previous experience cleaning a large facility is considered an asset
- Ability to provide acceptable criminal background check
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract, considered an asset
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Benefits of working with us
- Uniform and footwear allowance provided by the camp
- Shared accommodations available at most camp locations
- Coffee, tea, and meals provided while working
- Role specific training provided if needed
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.